Tuesday, April 15, 2008

eye of the storm

here we are. 8 days in the hospital and two more to go. it's been a rough week as we've just had our firstborn last week and two days later, we find ourselves confined in the hospital. samuel had a UTI. first they told us it would be five days of antibiotics, then seven, and now 10. i'm not real happy about it. this week has been one of my "stay outta my way" weeks. as i'm running errands around town, i find myself saying some pretty nasty things at stupid drivers and just being pretty rotten. in the midst of preparing for a large team of students, preparing to move, running medicines to the children in the village and taking care of my family in the hospital, i have been pretty overwhelmed. this picture was one of those moments i had to slow down and get things in right perspective. right at this moment, nothing else mattered except my son feeling secure enough to sleep on my chest. i was at peace.
thanks for praying for us during this difficult time. we appreciate your prayers and communications...
much love,
the mapes clan...camping in the hospital
Posted by Picasa

No comments: